Home automation has become one of the most demanded trends in the housing sector. It is no wonder that turning your house into a mecca of technology is a great investment that ensures not only total comfort, but also savings. Applying home automation gives the owner the opportunity to create an intelligent space that adapts to both the needs of the environment, and yours, gaining comfort, quality of life and medium or long term profitability.
More and more users want to have a smart home, but as its normal in an area practically unexplored like this, that many doubts arise when wanting to install a home automation system. Where to start? Should I do house works? What to install and what not to install? What are the advantages and disadvantages of home automation? To answer all these questions and resolve any doubts that may arise about this issue, Fincas la Clau have decided to create this post in which you will find all the information and all the particularities that you need to know and to be aware when creating a smart home.
Everything you need to know to install home automation in your home
We will begin this series of advises answering one of the most important questions: is it necessary to do house works so that home automation is part of our home? The answer is always no. Therefore, this text will be intended for anyone who wants to install a home automation system and create a smart home without getting into trouble of renovations or anything like that. If you attend to these steps, you will live in a digital home in a fast, simple and economical way. So take note.
The key to everything is to bet on a type of home automation, wireless. The great particularity of this system (and that is a great advantage to the user) is that it is like a scalable model. You will not need to make an initial pharaonic investment, simply cover the main needs that you have in your home, it will be enough to know if converting your house into a smart home is a great option for you. If so, you can expand your home automation system step by step at the pace you want.
First of all, to have a digital home, you will need some essential elements to carry this idea out, because without them, home automation will not work:
- The switchboard: it’s like the tower of a computer, the device that makes the rest useful. A key aspect of it is that it has access to the optimal WiFi network, and this way avoids any malfunction.
- The detectors or sensors that we are going to install. Once the switchboard is installed, do not think that it can do everything. It is the brain, but it will need hands to execute its actions, the detectors and sensors will be like the nerve endings that will feel the stimulations that the house and its surroundings give to it. The best known are presence detectors or temperature sensors.
- The corresponding mobile application. The logic of home automation is that its operation can be easy, fast and intuitive and that it can be available to the user whenever he needs it. Therefore, that the owner can control the operation from the screen of his mobile or tablet is a fundamental factor.
By which systems to begin installing home automation at home?
One of the great advantages offered by home automation is the good use of energy, and in this sense, there are several elements that make a difference. For this reason, the controls that you should prioritize and install before any other refer to savings in light systems, heating, etc. Here we give you a list of the appliances most in demand in this regard:
- Lighting control. Thanks to the presence detectors, this option is the best for those people who always forget to hit the switch. The house will detect when there is someone in the space and the user will be able to adapt the amount of light needed depending on the activity that will be carried out through the mobile
- Control of energy expenses. An ideal function to control the famous standby mode. Thanks to this option, you can program the house so that it disconnects totally the electrical appliances or appliances that you indicate at the time you want.
- Temperature control. Undoubtedly, one of the most demanded options where temperatures are extreme. When the heat or cold make an appearance, it is very difficult to maintain the perfect temperature for a long period. To enjoy this total comfort, the best option is to equip your home with temperature sensors. In this way, you will only have to program the degrees you want to have. You will save on comfort and energy.
These features are the most interesting to start installing home automation in your home and end up creating the smart house in its entirety. The digital home that until recently we only saw in movies, will be in the very near future something usual in our lives. Don’t you think so?
See how a house controlled by domotics works … it’s really worth it!Share